A West Grey Public Library membership gets you free access to thousands of books, ebooks, audiobooks, digital newspapers and magazines, and more!
Join the Library
- No fee will be charged for a membership to the Library.
Bring the following items with you when picking up your membership card:
- Current ID showing your name and current address
The best way to join the Library is by visiting either Library location. Our staff would be happy to walk you through all of the benefits of being a library member and help get you started using our many online services.
Children and youth memberships
Children and youth ages 0-15 need a legal guardian to apply for a card. The legal guardian assumes responsibility for all material and charges on the card. The child's/youth's membership will be attached to the parent's/guardian’s card.
When picking up the children's card, the guardian needs to bring a piece of ID showing the legal guardian's name and current address.
Library Membership FAQs
- Materials may be borrowed by either presenting the membership card or valid identification.
- Lost or damaged cards will be replaced for a fee.
- Membership expires annually. Renewal requires verification of the member’s name, address, telephone number and payment of outstanding monies owed to the Library. You will keep the same physical card.
- Membership is suspended when fines exceed $5.00 and will only be re-instated when all outstanding accounts are settled.