Welcome to the West Grey Public Library
Located in the heart of Grey County, our four locations are at your service. Once you have your library card the possibilities are endless! Use your library card at any of our buildings in Durham, Elmwood, Neustadt and Ayton!
A VISIT Will Get You Thinking
Grey County Reads
Five local celebrities will advocate for five locally-authored books in Grey County Reads, a county-wide reading program involving seven Grey County libraries, including Grey Highlands, Hanover, Meaford, Owen Sound, Southgate, Town of Blue Mountains and West Grey.
Each celebrity will advocate for one Canadian book over five published installments, covering plot, character and theme analyses as well as introductory and summary arguments.
Readers are encouraged to follow along with the contest, consider each book and it’s celebrity endorsement. Pick up your own copy of one or more of these books and give us your opinion too. Books are available in limited quantities from your local public library or may be purchased from your favourite local bookstore.
- John Tamming of Tamming Law, will advocate for
Dance of the Happy Shades by Alice Munro
- Robert Iantorno of the South Grey Museum, will advocate for
Open up the Wall by Geoff Bowes
- Kimberley Edwards of the Grey Bruce Sustainability Network, will advocate for
Empire of Wild by Cherie Dimaline
- Cathy Hird – writer, poet and minister at the Kemble Sarawak United Church,
will advocate for
Midnight at the Dragon Café by Judy Fong Bates
- Michael Den Tandt, former journalist, editor, communications advisor and recent Liberal Party MP candidate for Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound will advocate for
To the River by Don Gillmor
2019: Moon of the Crusted Snow by Waubgeshig Rice, advocated by Steven Morel.
2018: Crow Lake by Mary Lawson, advocated by Sharon Sinclair.
West Grey Public Library gratefully acknowledges the support of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport for the purchase of computers, and IT services.